At first I lacked the inspiration for the task, but after watching some of the footage that fellow class mates have recorded and watching one or two finished products I had a better idea of what I was going to create, with a general brainstorm I had drawn out a basic storyboard and decided on what the scenes will be, and how they will be acted out while also adding in the different shot types required by the preliminary task guidelines.

After this I proceeded to move on to a idea of a script, although there was not much that I could develop it with, as I kept my preliminary video relatively short and straightforward, since it was my first time operating such technology and cameras. I stuck to just a couple of lines, keeping it ambigious and to a satisfactory level of communication in my and the tasks requirements.

In my video I used, the video contains 180 degree rule, medium shot, close up, shot reverse shot, two shot. Which can all be seen here:
The task also required me to use continuity editing, which I actually think I did pretty well as my video does not contain any continuity errors or obvious mistakes. I think I could further improve on it though by further planning and organising the enviroment around me when I am recording the real task.
With this task I was heading for a final level of a high quality, big budget video but also the originality and meaningfulness of a indepndant film company. Although I did not fully achive this as at the end of the video, the quality of the recording does seem to drop, I believe this is to my lack of expertise when it comes to working with cameras however I aim to combat this before it comes to recording the real task, by getting more comfortable with the cameras and such by doing excercises such as this preliminary task.
At the editing stage at first I did feel quiet overwhelmed, however after a quick tutorial and other minor explanations I had grasped the feel of the software pretty well, becoming comfortable with the tools I required to edit and manage my preliminary video task. The second stage was not as hard as I had privieous expirience in exporting / impoerting video to YouTube due to my personal intrest in creating videos for YouTube in the past. Although I did learn how to embed and share my videos in ways I was not aware off in the past.
Overall I think I did ok, yet I also learnt that next time I will need to work more profficently with time, and other limiting factors when it comes to recording and editing. Also I could improve on the software FinalCut Express to a more extensive knowledge which could add further benefits when it will come around to me editing my final film opening.
No comments:
Post a Comment